For several months now I have been without flash on my Ubuntu Virtual Machine at work. It doesn’t hinder me but it would be nice to have it. Finally, I got time to actually tinker around and get it working.
Recently I needed to password protect a zip file created using NAnt. Unfortunately, it didn’t ship this feature right out of the box, so I modified the NAnt source to fit my needs. Here’s what I did:
Today I decided to do a clean install of ruby on rails on my Ubuntu laptop. I decided I would use the ruby packages in Ubuntu’s repositories. However, I ran into a few snags while getting my rails app to run. Here I document the trouble I ran into.
I wanted to get started with Ruby on Rails development and while there is a ruby package in the ubuntu repositories, I wanted to compile it from source. I feel more in control that way ;) These are the steps I went through to get up and running with a rails stack.
Well here I go again trying to get into blogging. I hope to include mainly technology stuff that I have been working on as well as a place to vent my frustrations about other less tech savvy people.